Friday, April 29, 2011

The Language of Flowers

I woke up this morning at 3:03 a.m. without the aid of an alarm clock. I watched every minute of BBC America's LIVE broadcast of The Royal Wedding in high definition on my PBS station with no commercials whatsoever. I loved the symbolism of the 6 field maple trees (humility) and the 2 hornbeams (resilience) decorating  Westminster Abbey.

You may read an 1892 edition of The Language of Flowers illustrated by Kate Greenaway by clicking here. You will be asked to type in a few letters first to protect this digital copy. Enjoy. 

1 comment:

Millie said...

I loved those trees in the Abbey to bits! I was not happy to hear that others did not share my enthusiasm. Lovely to have the symbolism of them to back up my feelings with the Naysayers. Thanks my friend.
Millie x